Oven Roasted Squash with Garlic and Parsley
Winter squash becomes tender and sweeter when roasted—a delicious fall seasonal side for a holiday dinner. Look for interesting squash like kabocha or hubbard at your farmers’ market and try them in this recipe. Recipe adapted from Alice Waters.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 10
- 5 pounds winter squash (such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha or hubbard), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375
- Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
- Enjoy with your family and friends!