Get ready to impress your friends. It’s easy to get carried away with snacking over the holidays so be prepared with some delicious healthy holiday snacks. This recipe looks, feels, and tastes fancy! But it’s really quite simply and easy to make. Roasted pears with Brie and pistachios is delicious as a first course or a side with roast pork or lamb. Leave the stems on for presentation.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe pears, preferrably Bosc
- 2 oz Brie cheese cut into 4 slices
- 4 tsp chopped pistachios, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8-inch-square (or similar-size) metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off the other side so they will lie flat when served. Brush all over with the mustard glaze and place cored-side down in the prepared pan.
- Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze. Gently turn them over, baste again and place a piece of Brie in the hollow of each pear. Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie is slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each pear half with 1 teaspoon pistachios. Then enjoy and impress everyone with your culinary skills!